Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fads and Fashions

I just LOVE how all of the old fads are coming back into style. Perfect timing for me, too, as I have a daughter who is at the age where she actually CARES what she looks like and how she's dressing. We have arm warmers and leg warmers, oh yes we do. Several pair of each, in fact. For Christmas she got some of those fingerless gloves that Madonna sported back in the day...only now they are very practical and have a flap that you can flip over to cover the fingers. Voila, mittens. Handy, I know. Yoga pants are out, and regular sweats are back in. Rolled up at the bottom, of course. Tapered jeans, check. Skirts with leggings, of course. Such a cute look.


What's next? Spandex? Banana clips, blue eyeshadow, parachute pants? Jellies shoes (which left me with forever mishapen pinky toes, by the way), Swatch watches (both the regular size and the wall variety), or perhaps even...*gasp*...big bangs?
Ha, cool phone, Megs.


What do you miss from your youth?

6 comments:

Jill said...

dear god! nothing, i miss none of those things.. and i think you may think this is evil, but i did see a couple of chunky little girls in sweatpants when shopping last weekend and i felt sorry for them --it does nothing for the butt, you know what i mean.. and its not like they stay up that well either.. just make sure your lil'un looks good in them before you send her out the door!

Megnificent said...

LOL Mouse~ *I look horrid in regular sweats, but I assure you she looks cute as a button. I'll post a picture next time she wears them! ;)

Sandy said...

I could swear that I smell AquaNet now! Love the bangs, Meg...don't forget the over the butt sweaters over the leggings. Not so good on the tubby but Juls always looked cute in them and Laken will, too.

Megnificent said...

HA! Aqua net, how could I forget? Aerosol only.

Alison said...

I loved leg warmers worn over my pants..I had every color. How about Reeboks, high tops, in every color!!

BTW, your sweet package is on the way to you!! and I must confess, my dau has gotten the brush on the back of her head before!! (hangs head in shame!!)

Just Courtney said...

I was at Target last week, jelly shoes in pink and clear. I loved those things! Oh, and when did blue eyeshadow go out of style? ;-)