Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun Monday!


Our sweet little host, Julie, has given us an interesting assignment.

Music plays a vital role in most of our lives. It is everywhere. I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great.

I had a rather hard time with this assignment. I love music, and I have lots of favorite songs. What I feel describes me changes so much depending on the twists and turns of life, but this is a song that all of my friends would probably say reminds them of me. It's from my very favorite movie, and it's the song I typically find myself belting out in the shower when I'm trying to be all dramatic. It reminds me of my amazing friend who I lost 2 years ago. Miss you, Tonya.

Crank up the volume, enjoy, belt it out, and then head over to Ooh, a shiny pen for the list of other participants.

40 comments:

Just Courtney said...

I can't hear this one without crying. Wonderful song choice Megan!

Joy T. said...

Bette Midler, you just can't get any better than Bette Midler. Oh what a song. Makes me cry every time I hear it. But in a good way :o)

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I am in floods the minute I hear the opening bars of this song. A fantastic song.

Jill said...

i cant listen to this song. i had a kid i had a total crush on in my jr high class (he died in 7th grade) whom he and his brother, this was their song for each other because the brother was older and a sports hero, and the younger had a heart defect... and had surgeries and all that, so they were both in each other's shadows at some points. my hubby sings the line of, 'did you know that you're my hero' to me from time to time, but it just makes me sad...

ChrisB said...

This obviously evokes a lot of emotion for many people. It is a beautiful, song and I love it.

Peter said...

Megnificent choice.

Nikki said...

I always get teary when I hear that song.

nikki

ellen b. said...

Oh my you should have given a tissue alert! Marvelous song and the shower is definately a great place to sing this one...

Junebug said...

Oh I love this song. Loved the movie too. Wow, it's a tear jerker. Whew! Thanks.

Linda said...

Ah Bette! She's the best! Great song choice!

Jenni said...

This is a beautiful song. Unfortunately my highschool graduating class was forced to sing it instead of the song we really wanted and it will be forever tainted by that memory. (It would be for you, too, if you had heard us sing it.) I'm glad you have good memories of your friend recalled when you hear it.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

It always brings me to tears.

Robin said...

This song also always makes me cry. Just the open bars makes me emotional. This is going to be a 3 handkerchief day. Thanks

Robin of mytwoblessings

Robocop said...

A very touching song.

the rotten correspondent said...

This one sure touches a nerve, doesn't it?

Great choice.

Jientje said...

I can fly higher than an eagle ...
for you are the wind beneath my wings ...

Wonderful, this has brought tears to my eyes,thanks!

Sayre said...

Good heavens... here I am crying AGAIN today. There are a lot of emotional people out there, aren't there? Love Bette.

Attie said...

You said it Joy..cold anyone sing this one better!!great choice especially with the meaning behind it.

Anonymous said...

That song & the movie so make me cry EVERY time I see/hear them! Great choice.

Alison said...

Oh..Meg,,you made me cry. this song has been in my head all weekend since I found out that my dear friend is losing her battle against cancer and is now on hospice....thanks for the tears...they are cleansing.

Kim said...

Gorgeous song choice, Meg!

Irish Coffeehouse said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Tonya.

Beautiful song!

Molly said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, Tonya, This song has a great tune and even better lyrics. Great choice.

Melanie said...

I love this song! Such a powerful message.

Princess Jewelee said...

thanks for that megan. Now i am sitting here crying.

Thanks for playing

Bren said...

Yep, the song and the movie break me every time. Great choice!

Mamalang said...

Love Love Love this song. Awesome choice (and the movie is one of those tearjerkers you can't stop watching)

Courtney said...

Oh, Beaches. This song evokes tears every time I hear it.

Kaytabug said...

OK, that is another all time favorite song of mine. I love Bette!! Beaches is a fave movie of mine too! I cry every time I hear this one. I stopped it 4 seconds in. Lovely choice!

Unknown said...

There are certain songs that allow for inspiration and remembrance, and those are the ones you cherish the most and that is why memories never die. NLM

Cynthia said...

My girls belt this one out on teh karoake machine!

the planet of janet said...

this is an excellent choice, meg. i love this song.

j said...

You have such a sunny smile! It was so nice of you to visit me today. Your post was great, but I am so sorry about your friend. Very nice tribute to her. Have a great week. Jennifer

Mariposa said...

OMG, you making me teary-eyed now! This is my song for my Mom!

Unknown said...

Beautiful song! My gf loves this song so much!

alisonwonderland said...

fabulous pick! and the video is great too!

Sauntering Soul said...

Awwww, great choice! My boyfriend sings this to me all the time.

Sandy said...

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday, Meg. Great choice for a song and a great tribute to Tanya.

When I think of you, though, I think of sunshiny songs.

Karina said...

I had to stop it as soon as I heard the first note so I wouldn't turn into a crying mess...that song makes me cry EVERY TIME I hear it. Also reminds me of an old friend.

Great choice.

Jo Beaufoix said...

This song always makes me feel a little sad. I loved that film though. Fabulous.