Monday, February 4, 2008

Fun Monday


Tiggerlane, the Neophyte Blogger: Fun Monday February 4th Assignment - STICKY POST TiggerLane gave us a very interesting assignment for this Fun Monday.

Have you heard of The Bucket List? Well, that's what I want from you! Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It must be at least five items - and you can make it as long as you desire. Photos are optional. And let's hear about some of the wackiest, most bizarre to-do's on your Bucket List! Wow, what a deep assignment. I'm not capable of being deep this early in the morning, but I'll try.

*Go to the beach again. Sounds simple, I know, but we just never get around to planning it. :/

*Write heartfelt letters to everyone in my immediate family that they will be able to look back on after I'm gone.

*Love my body. Every ounce of cellulite, every stretch mark, every pound over what I used to be. I want to love the skin I'm in!

*I want to learn to sew. I've always wanted to make a memory quilt for each of my kids using their baby clothes.

*I want to leave the country on a vacation. I'm not picky. Take me anywhere.

*I would like to have a successful teaching career and make a difference in MANY childrens' lives!

*I want a chance to meet and hold my grandbabies.

*I want to be unafraid of death. I'm a Christian, but I'm still very fearful of the unknown. I want to be one of those people who is completely at ease with dying because they know with 100% certainty where they are going and how wonderful it will be there.

24 comments:

Sandy said...

What a good list, Meg. I was raised knowing the "God made us to know, love and serve Him in this world and be with Him in the next."

He's not gonna desert someone as sweet as you!

A Slice of My Life said...

Great list and totally do-able!

Karmyn R said...

ah yes - love thy body. I need to learn that one too!

I like the idea of writing a heartfelt letter to everyone. That would be something wonderful!

Dreaming What Ifs...

Jill said...

god loves us all, he saved us all, he will take us all...

i had a close call a few years ago and i figured out after that that i'm not scared to die, while i was being wheeled into surgery, i didnt even have regrets, i just wanted more time with my family, especially my husband, i didnt even finish my prayers before i came out of anesthesia... i'm trying to live up to that goal, to live life like i'm meant to, not to be afraid, to enjoy it...

Heather said...

Great list...very attainable!!

Kim said...

Hi Meg,

Glad you're back. Missed you for a few days.

I'm sure you will make a difference in MANY children's lives. They are just waiting for you!

BTW, I put a new "Homework Hints" up yesterday.

Smiles,

K

Ari_1965 said...

The letters to your loved ones idea is sweet. May I suggest Ireland for your foreign vacation. Why? Because I love Ireland and I think everybody should get a chance to love Ireland, too.

Alison said...

Great list Meg...especially the part about loving your body...I am with you on that one!!

Joy T. said...

This was a really good list, especially the 'loving your body' and the being 'unafraid of death'.

Pamela said...

a letter to everyone. I'd never thought of that.

Love my body. Old habits die hard. But it's worth meditating on.

Your last one is probably shared by most of us - but none of us were bold enough to admit it.

ChrisB said...

'Love my body' we never do so I think this is probably one most of us should have on our lists~ well I know I should anyway because I won't until there's a bit less of it!

Princess Jewelee said...

OMG Meg. Please love the skin you are in. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

You are signed up for next week

Tiggerlane said...

I like your list, and love the idea of loving your body - I need to spend less time and energy trying to lose weight, and more time accepting myself! Thanks for participating!

Sandy said...

I left a little something for you over at my place!

laurie said...

i like and admire this list. love your body. yes! overcome a fear of death. yes!

and going to the beach.

Faye said...

What a wonderful list, Meg. I especially salute you for wanting to leave each member of your family a letter that they can treasure. We all have too few family mementos.

Love your body with all it's warts--I'm for that!

Attie said...

Aahh Love thy body,,not anytime soon here!!!!
I love many of your ideas..the memory quilt...I plan to make I have kept my kids baby blankets and plan on using them!!!

Peter said...

You can do all those Meg, just jump in and start swimming.

kitten said...

What a wonderful list. As soon as my brother brings back my sewing machine I'm going to start working on a ABC meme quilt. It's a meme I did last year. I have made one quilt top for practice, so hopefuly I'll be able to do this quilt. I think it's great you want to do one of your kids baby clohes. If & when you do it want a picture. I bet that would be so cool!
I here you 100% on the last one.

Kaytabug said...

Wonderful list. I would love to be able to love the skin I'm in. The memory quilt using the kids' baby clothes is such a great idea!! I wish I knew how to sew!

I love the ocean and the beach I could sit their for hours upon hours just listening to the waves crash!

I want to enjoy my gandbabies too, Ha ha you are the first I've seen to say grandbabies instead of grandchildren!

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

I love the idea of a memory quilt. I always wondered what to do with those baby clothes I saved. And the letters idea is a great one.

Unknown said...

Great list, sorry I'm so late getting around to reading it....I need to love my lumpy body too!

Anonymous said...

That's a fab list. I hear you on loving the skin your in:0. I think a lot of us struggle with the changes that come with motherhood and....ageing later on;).

Sauntering Soul said...

Two days after the fact and I'm still visiting Fun Monday participants. Ack!

We had a few of the same ones, but I loved all of the other ones you have on your list too.

I'm working on the loving my body one as well. It's just not easy!